The Division of Equal Opportunity and Compliance (DEOC) is led by Vice Chancellor for Equal Opportunity and Compliance Kirsten Quanbeck, who also serves as UCI’s Campus Ethics and Compliance Officer (CECO) and Locally Designated Official (LDO) for whistleblower complaints. DEOC’s goals are to promote a fair, equitable, accessible, transparent and compliant environment at UC Irvine.
The DEOC monitors UC Irvine’s compliance with University of California policies and federal and state laws and regulations as they relate to the following:
- Administrative Policies & Procedures
- Affirmative Action obligations as a federal contractor
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Conflict of Interest (Form 700 - Statement of Economic Interest filing)
- Discrimination and Harassment covered under Title VI, Title VII and Title IX, including sexual violence/sexual harassment and retaliation
- Privacy, California Public Records Act (CPRA), Information Practices Act (IPA), and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Whistleblower and Whistleblower Retaliation
INFORMATION & EDUCATION
The DEOC advises and educates the university community on the above topics through a variety of resources, training, and programs, including discrimination and sexual violence/sexual harassment prevention workshops, ADA consultation and online accessibility tips, parenting and pregnancy resources, Public Records Act training, privacy practices and whistleblower reporting procedures.
ANALYSIS & RISK ASSESSMENTS
The DEOC also tracks and advises on overall campus compliance requirements and collaborates with campus partners to conduct risk assessments and identify and implement risk mitigation practices.
SERVICES & OPERATIONS
The DEOC maintains and assists with the development of administrative policies and procedures; operates the university's whistleblower program; responds to sexual violence, sexual harassment and discrimination concerns; updates the university's annual affirmative action plan; processes IPA and CPRA requests; conducts supplier privacy reviews; addresses privacy incidents; and coordinates campus compliance activities.
Units within the division include:
- Administrative Policies and Procedures
- Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity (ADA, Accessibility, Affirmative Action, Title IX)
- Public Records Office and Privacy
- Whistleblower Office
For more information, please visit the sites above or contact the Division of Equal Opportunity and Compliance at 949-824-5594 or firstname.lastname@example.org.